General Terms and Conditions of Sale
Rental conditions – L’écrin de la Cité
1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
The rental contract is established between the tenant and Cédric Migrenne, individual entrepreneur, SIREN n° 529.537.359, Professional Furnished Accommodation Renter, and owner of L’écrin de la Cité, whose head office is located at 13 chemin des Anglais, in Carcassonne, France.
The tenant may not, under any circumstances, claim any right to remain in the rented premises after the expiry of the period initially agreed.
Our prices include beds made on arrival, the rental of towels and bath sheets, as well as the cleaning at the end of the stay.
2. OCCUPATION OF THE PROPERTY
The Tenant shall enjoy the rented villa in a peaceful manner and shall make good use of it in accordance with the purpose of the premises. Parties and soirées are not permitted.
On departure, the tenant undertakes to return the villa in the state in which he found it. We will take care of the cleaning at the end of the stay in accordance with normal use. In case of non-conforming use, the tenant will be charged for the restoration.
3. RESERVATION – PAYMENT CONDITIONS
The reservation becomes effective when the tenant has paid a deposit of 35% of the total amount of the rental, and has accepted these rental conditions.
The balance of the stay must be paid at the latest 30 days before the beginning of the stay.
The deposit can be made by French bank cheque or by bank imprint. The cheque is returned or destroyed at the latest 8 days after the tenant’s departure if there is no damage. The tenant’s bank imprint is kept until the date of departure by the company STRIPE in charge of securing the payments.
Our villas are considered impeccable, you agree to report within 24 hours of your arrival, any damage / impacts / defects.
In the event of non-compliance with the rental conditions or damage caused during the stay, the amount corresponding to the damage will be deducted from the credit card or requested in exchange for the deposit check.
The Tenant is responsible for all damage caused by him. He must be insured by a holiday insurance contract for these different risks. The Hirer must enclose proof of insurance before the start of the stay.
6. NUMBER OF OCCUPANTS
The number of occupants may under no circumstances exceed the maximum authorised capacity. Failure to comply with this condition will result in the immediate exclusion of the hirer, and he/she will not be entitled to any reimbursement.
Under no circumstances may the rental benefit third parties.
Pets are welcome, subject to written permission from the owner and the following rules:
– Your pet must not be left alone, unless you are certain that it will not cause any damage or bark in your absence,
– You agree to pay the costs of any damage caused by your pet,
– For obvious reasons of hygiene, your pet must not climb on the bedding, sofas or any other furniture. For obvious reasons of hygiene, your pet must not climb on the bedding, sofas or any other furniture. It is strictly forbidden for your pet to access the swimming areas.
8. INTERRUPTION OF THE STAY
In case of early interruption of the stay by the tenant, no refund will be made.
9. CANCELLATION OF THE STAY
Any cancellation must be notified to the owner by registered letter.
Cancellation by the tenant :
– More than 60 days before the arrival date, the owner will refund the full amount of the deposit to the tenant within 20 days.
– Between 30 and 60 days before the date of arrival, a credit note for the amount of the deposit valid for 2 years will be sent to the tenant by the owner.
– Less than 30 days before the arrival date, no refund will be made and the balance will remain due to the owner if it has not been paid.
Cancellation by the owner: if the owner has to cancel the booking, he will reimburse all the sums paid by the tenant within 15 days.
In the event of disagreement between the owner and the tenant, and in the absence of an amicable agreement, the case will be brought before the tribunal de grande instance of Carcassonne.
By booking via our website or any other booking platform, you agree to abide by the rental conditions. No complaint will be processed in the event of non-compliance with these conditions.